Address: A456 Weeks Hall, 1215 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Department of Geoscience, University of Wisconsin-Madison
You can also check out my past experiences on this interactive map.
PhD Student, 2018 - Current
Geoscience (minor in computer science)
1. Geoscience software development;
2. Spatiotemporal data analysis of paleoclimate and data-model comparison (Holocene & Cretaceous).
Master of Science, 2016 - 2018
1. Numerical simulation (Finite Element Method) and algorithm in geomechanics/structural geology;
2. Geospatial analytical application on petroleum geology research.
Bachelor of Science, 2013 - 2015
Earth and Environmental Sciences
Undergraduate, 2011 - 2013
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1. Developing frontend (data submission forms and interactive maps) and backend (data uploading functions, database and API) of the Sparrow - Cosmogenic branch (Sparrow).
2. Validating the Cretaceous age model of Macrostrat database, and creating new polygons to enhance spatial resolution. Testing spatial and temporal queries with dinosaur data from PBDB (Macrostrat).
3. Utilizing natural language process and machine learning methods to extract spatiotemporal data regarding ice-rafted debris (IRD) in the past 5 million years from published literature (GeoDeepDive).
2014 Summer and 2015 - 2016
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Research on seismic data processing, visualization and interpretation regarding shale gas reservoirs.
2013 - 2014
University of Michigan
1. Created 3D models of Michigan Basin and Lake Michigan in ArcGIS and Petrel based on geological and geospatial data.
2. Conducted spatial analysis in ArcGIS and R, and located hot spots of potential water pollution from hydro-fracking.
3. Built interaction web maps with Leaflet to display mineral/fossil sample locations, data and pictures.
University of California Davis @ Coursera, 2020
Johns Hopkins University @ Coursera, 2019
University of California San Diego @ Coursera, 2019
University of Wisconsin-Madison @ Western Wyoming Community College, 2019
University of California San Diego @ Coursera, 2016
Nanjing University, 2012
Spring 2018, University of Tulsa
Intro GIS class for geology and geophysics majors. Taught when the professor was not available.
Fall 2014 and Winter 2015, University of Michigan
CG Facilitator and Course assistant
The social justice course provided by Global Scholars Program at Michigan. Spatial analytical methods in social science.
Fall 2012, Penn State University
Core course of GIScience at Penn State University.
University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2018 - 2019
University of Michigan, 2 times in 2014
University of Michigan, 2014
Penn State University, 3 times in 2012 and 2013
Penn State University, 2013
American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
American Association of Geographers (AAG)
North American Cartographic Information Society (NACIS)
Tulsa Geological Society (TGS)
Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM)
Climatology | Earth Dynamics | Geomechanics | Structural Geology | GIS | Spatial Analysis | Cartography | Numerical Methods
Some experiences with C++ and Java
ArcGIS (Desktop, Pro, Online) | QGIS | PostGIS | GeoDa | Petrel | COMSOL | ABAQUS | Illustrator | CorelDraw | Photoshop
Mapbox | LeafLet | jQuery | D3 | OpenLayers
MySQL | PostgreSQL | Access | Esri Geodatabase
2020, ArcGIS Spatial Informatics Developer Summit (online), Esri China
2020, EGU virtual conference
2019, Esri China
Won the 1st place
2018, China Geology Survey, China University of Geoscience, China Mining Newspaper
Awarded the 3rd prize
2017 - 2018
Organized outreach events and field trips, and secured the L. Austin Weeks Grant for the next year.
Member of the University of Tulsa team.
Roles: structural geologist, spatial analyst, report visual designer and cartographer, and reporter
Connect me at LinkedIn